1. Online dating – Online dating websites have grown more popular, but it's hard to tell whether the person you meet online is really who they claim to be. While many successful relationships have occurred as a result of online dating, it's important for your safety that you never trust someone you've met online. Our private investigator agency in Manhattan can conduct a background check to provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision about your relationship.
2. Hiring a babysitter – If you need to hire a babysitter or nanny to watch your children, ordering a background check can give you the peace of mind knowing your child is safe under that person's supervision.
3. Hiring caregivers – Hiring in-home caregivers to take care of elderly parents or relatives who need constant care is very common. With a background check, you can rest assured knowing your family is in good hands when you're not around.
4. Investing – Even if an investment broker seems reputable, it’s a good idea to order a background check before making a major investment. The background check will shine a light on any issues and help you determine whether it's a sound investment.
5. Taking on a new roommate – Today, it’s not uncommon for people to list a room for rent on Craigslist or similar sites. However, before letting someone move into your home, it's best to conduct a background check to make sure the person doesn't have a criminal record or a poor credit history.